Do not settle for a standard steel bar that can easily be cut off with a hacksaw blade!
High Security Barrier Seal used on intermodal containers or on truck trailers equipped with swing type doors.
Every Shippers Mall barrier bar is uniquely serialized. A serial number is laser engraved on each bar component.
Component marking ensures that the bar is used as a set and discourages component replacement or tampering.
The hardened steel bar seal is a one time use high security seal that must be cut off using a grinding/cut-off (abrasive) wheel.
- Inter-modal Containers
- Dual swing doors utilizing locking rods
- Hardened steel construction
- Can not be cut with a hacksaw
- No weld lines
- Painted finish
- Laser identification
- Each piece numerically matched to prevent component replacement
- High Strength & High Security
- One time use
- Easy installation
- Adjustable length
- Unique serial numbers
- Adjustable: 2-1/4” to 12-5/8” locking bar distance (center to center)
- 1-1/4” bar width
- 5/16” thick main bar
- Seamless 3/16” thick rod cups
- Main Bar Shear Strength >16,000 lbs
Installation / Removal
- Slide U-bracket around right-side inner locking rod
- Insert main bar through slots in installed U-bracket, Slide through slots right to left with bend in main bar facing container*(*preferred installation, may be installed with bend facing out if required)
- Slide locking U-bracket around left inner locking rod
- Slide main bar through slots in the locking U-bracket
- Align holes in locking U-bracket and main bar
- Insert locking bolt to securely affix the locking bar - check for proper locking
- Record bar number on shipping documents
- To remove: While wearing proper safety equipment, cut the bar at the shown location with an abrasive cut-off /grinding wheel.